Friday, October 17, 2014

Sometimes Life Is Like This

Things that happened yesterday:
  • Crisp fall air.  The best-hearted group of kids running their hearts out on an exhilaratingly beautiful course.
  • Candles, Jesus lifted up, children fussing in the back of the church.
  • Finding my way to places without using my smart phone, because it ran out of batteries; no problem.
  • Frankie Manning.  He always worms his way into one's day somehow, doesn't he?  Always be ready to swing out.
  • A puzzle case with $150 dollars in it.
  • Getting back a most-prized, engraved glass stein, only to find it perfectly clear and gleaming.

Things I felt today:
  • Caffeine-induced loquaciousness.
  • Awkward realization that lunchtime conversation is a lost cause.
  • Overwhelmed with ideas for professional things to do.
  • Peckish.
  • Joyful recognition when I met friends.
  • Sinking feeling in the stomach, one to battle, on a too-long drive.
  • Relatively normal sense of loneliness.
  • Relief when I remembered the ready-made Indian food I had in the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment