Thursday, July 24, 2014

Toilet Paper and Procrastination

I procrastinate a lot of things, but I don't like to call myself a procrastinator.  First of all, it's a negative term, defining me by a weakness which I do, occasionally, try to overcome.  Secondly, I don't think it's entirely accurate, because, though I sometimes do procrastinate day-to-day things (bills, getting gas, etc.) for the thrill of it, I don't procrastinate everything.  I have my limits.  For instance, one thing I never procrastinate is buying toilet paper.  This fact leads me to consider that priorities are really the answer to the procrastination problem.  In order to do something NOW, rather than put it off, I have to have a healthy sense of urgency about it.  For a lot of things in my life, unfortunately, that urgency is lacking.  I just need to remember: toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment