Friday, March 22, 2013

Men and Women and Confusion and Um

I don't know what to say about the state of men and women today.  It makes me a little weirded out, demoralized, uncertain, and, most of all, upset.  I guess I can't really get emotional distance on the topics of masculinity, femininity, and all that's cropped up in between.  It's too pertinent.  We don't know each other, and if we don't know each other, how can we love each other?  But also, we don't know ourselves, and how can we know another if we don't know ourselves?  Can I be any more vague?  Here is where I am: I love men.  I love women too.  And that is why I feel sad when I hear women say, "All men are like this," or I see men write, "All women are like this."  Do you know me?  Do I know you?  Have you shared your heart with a single person, and how do you know about the generalities?  The question mark has predominated today, but I guess it's just one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment