Monday, February 18, 2013

Hair and Makeup

The more experienced I have become, the more I have asserted my absolute will in the matter of my haircut and face makeup.  Formerly, I'd just tell whoever was cutting my hair, "Well, I kinda want it like this..." and would capitulate with their suggestions and/or mistakes.  Not so!  Now I make sure I know exactly what I want done to my tresses before entering the salon, as well as have confidence that whoever's about to cut my hair can perform the necessary alterations. 

I am also not about to put whatever junk someone is selling through their latest pyramid scheme on my face!  I came close.  A sister of a friend almost got me to buy foundation through her company.  However, the free samples she gave me unwittingly steered me away: the consistency of the makeup was all wrong, more pasty than anything.  I don't know.  I am spoiled by my last (splurge) purchase of foundation, which was Chanel, perfectly matched to my face at a beauty counter.  It's probably all downhill from there.

The lesson of this post might be: expensive haircuts and face makeup may well be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment