Thursday, March 8, 2012

Skiing

On Monday, I went skiing. I am so over skiing and the fact that I ski. I mean, I just realized, I don't have to like it every moment that I'm out there. Skiing in Colorado is scary at first, because there is a LOT of space, which to my underconfident mind means, a lot of space in which to fall. And fall, of course, I did. I only had one really bad spill, which left me with a bent ski pole and a nasty bruise. It was on one of the "blue" slopes, though, which meant I was trying to push myself. To be specific, it was on Northstar on Breck's Peak 8; this trail totally defeated me, as I struggled three times to ski it without falling down and failed each time. The first two times, I fell in the exact same spot. The last time, I thought I was doing better, got well past that spot, was skiing just fine, and then lost concentration and had my "bad" fall. Ick. I guess I am improving, though . . . and I can always get a new ski pole next season, I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment