Friday, October 21, 2011

Cutting My Own Bangs

The other day (well, night, actually) I created a fringe on myself. So now I have bangs! Even my coworkers were impressed when I said I cut my own hair, and they are guys. Oh, the other thing that's funny is that night I put an oblique and mysterious status update on Facebook, to make people wonder what I was up to. Kathleen guessed right away, since she was the one to whom I was chatting when the bangs idea came to me. In fact, this was the exact exchange on Tuesday:

me: should I get bangs???
Kathleen: sure
me: I should
whoa
Kathleen: why not?
me: I don't know
it's probably just what I need!

So, of course, after work I stopped at K-Mart and bought a pair of hair-cutting scissors (which, by the way, cost way more than I thought--$10!--but I will no doubt make use of them again) and then after I got home from my choir practice I Googled "how to cut your own bangs" and, at around 12 a.m., I started snipping away. Scariest thing I've ever done. I mean, other things are scary, because you think, "Ahhh, I could DIE!" but this was scary because OMG, I could be ugly. Yeah. But the bangs turned out just fine, in the end.

1 comment:

  1. If I got a really bad haircut and then immediately died, I hope the funeral people would fix it somehow . . .

    ReplyDelete