Friday, April 9, 2010

For Realz

Ok, this is what I really think on the subject of work: I do not like work. I do not like it now, because I am lazy and because I don't find my job fulfilling. I am striving to overcome the first reason but I don't think I can do the same with the second. I would rather be doing something else: singing! So here is what I think. I think I can and should try to do what makes me happy and what I'm attracted to, in the area of work/career, as much as I can. Even the striving makes me happier and better. On the other hand, I also think that if I do get married I will marry a man who will be well able to provide for me and I will not need to work. Thus, I will not work. I don't even think I would sing for money. Actually, I especially would not do that because the fame would certainly go to my head. I would need my head, and my heart, to give to my husband. In the end analysis, therefore, I get the best of both worlds! I get to have fun while I am single, and not spend time being miserable, and then when (God willing) I get married, I get to love and have many babies. I could be entirely mistaken about this course for my life--the asterisk involved is always and at every moment God's will--but for the present I will use this current image as my pattern and guide. I am Woman . . . hear me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment